Science and Technology of Nanosystems (STN)
Objective of the R&D activities of the institute in the NanoMicro research programme is the development of computer-based methods and tools based on a systems engineering approach to turn micro- and nanotechnology into products.
This covers the entire chain from design over fabrication, measurement and inspection up to application development.
In detail the activities are subdivided into:
- Knowledge based design and modelling of micro-/nanosystems
- Representation of Micro-/Nano-related fabrication knowledge
- Automation for fabrication of parts and assembly processes
- Inspection and measurement systems
- System integration such as development of an eye implant (“Artificial Accommodation System”)
These activities range from development of methods and processes up to implementation of software prototypes or hardware functional models. They are being integrated in national and international research projects, as industrial projects as well as industrial interest groups and standardisation bodies.